-reposted from the theorganicmomma.com of February 2016
THE TOP 5 NATURAL REMEDIES FOR EVERY MOM’S MEDICINE CABINET
Medicine comes from the earth. During cold and flu season, we all can use an extra boost.
Here are my top 5 favorites to keep on hand for our family: (note, this is not by any means an exhaustive list! More to come!)
- Vitamin D. Always, always, always Vitamin D for prevention of sickness. I love Vitamin D3 5,000 IU for the adults and Vitamin D drops for my little ones. Take daily.
- Ditto for always, always on probiotics for adults and little ones. Adults around our house take Garden of Life’s Primal Defense and kids take Garden of Life’s Primal Defense Kids.
- For stomach troubles, ALWAYS have activated charcoal handy. Great for prevention if a stomach bug is visiting your area, or at the earliest hint of an issue.
- Same with homeopathic tablets or “pellets” specifically designed to stop vomiting, diarrhea, etc. These are also excellent for treating the flu as well.
- The amazing elderberry syrup for boosting immune function. My favorite is by Gaia herbs.
As I said, this is by NO means an exhaustive list. Just my top 5 to get you started!
I hope this keeps your family healthier and happier this cold & flu season.
With much love, and for your extraordinary health!